Database Connection Setup and Automating the Database Connection Changes are two tasks for IT; both are described here.
Database Connection Setup
After the database administrator has moved the AgWare SQL database to the new server it will be necessary for an IT Support Technician to help the users change their connection strings in the AgWare software to point to the new database location.
In this step we will change the user’s database connection string to point to the new database.
- Open the AgWare DataLog.
- Select the Edit / Configuration menu item.
- Select the SystemConfiguration tab.
- Locate the Database Settings area. If the Read/Write Connection has a value, press the button labeled “…” on the right side of the edit box to display the Build Connection String dialog.
- On the Build Connection String Dialog, change the Server Name to the new “Server Name\Instance Name” and Database Name to the new name if changed and press OK.
- If a value is specified for the Read Only Connection, repeat steps 1d and 1e for it as well.
- Press the “Test Database” button to ensure the user can successfully connect to the new database.
- Repeat this process for each user who needs to connect to a new database.